Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Blink. I'm 35. Well, I will be this Sunday anyway... I have a pretty good life by all accounts... Having just bought my first condo, New York City is my playground. I'm married to a wonderful man. I have a successful career. I have a wonderful family and group of friends. I have my health. No kiddos yet, but maybe soon...

Sometimes though, in recent times, I find myself struggling to find my identity and just enjoy life. My soul is bogged down; exhausted and bored. I feel like I'm living a fabulous life, that I'm missing.

As my 35th Birthday gift to myself, I want to do something special to awaken my senses and bring back the sparkle. A simple plan has formulated as I've been reflecting about what brings me joy. In my 35th year, I will tap into my great childhood passion of reading and writing by setting out to read 35 books this year...and blog about it.

I don't know exactly which books will be on my reading list quite yet, but I know they will be among the best even written - a mix of classic and modern. The types of books that make you laugh, cry and teach you something of the world... Stay tuned!

To the Lighthouse...

So far, finding the novels to read next has been half the fun. As I've mentioned, I just moved to a new city. While on an unrelated err...