Thursday, September 14, 2017

Where to start? Well, as often happens, the answer cosmically fell into my lap. Even before I had a chance to finalize my book list, I just happened to be invited to an event - literally over one of my favorite bookstores in the world... Strand Books. When I first moved to New York, over 8 years ago, I lived just blocks away and I popped in frequently. Thanks for the helping hand, fate!


So, of course, I popped in for a little exploring. I took the opportunity to marvel at the colorful trinkets, fun book themed totes and "miles of books." Book stores can be so magical. They are best spent without a timeline or agenda.

I found my way to the "Banned Books" table. I was excited to find a strong representation from my list displayed on the table. How intriguing...

And, there it was - 1984.


No matter which list I reviewed, 1984 is constantly listed and I knew it would make my list. Done! Now, we're off to the beach for the wedding of one of our dear friends. I'll be bringing my book to the beach!

To the Lighthouse...

So far, finding the novels to read next has been half the fun. As I've mentioned, I just moved to a new city. While on an unrelated err...